Saturday, February 7, 2009

"The last 15 metres were very difficult" - Eric 'The Eel' Moussami.


As far as mashups go, I have a good '50 metres' I can improve on. However, I was pleased that I perservered and, after several attempts, was able to bring a mashup to my post.
Clearly, the use of mashups can enhance the presentation of signs, displays and information at the State Library. And it has the potential to bring a number of library resources together e.g. maps, text, pictures and visions- readily and on one page.
Visual impact can play an important role in drawing people's awareness to our collections, so I think it is exciting that a variety of options can be used to stimulate people's imaginations. For example, I liked the 'beading' option in Big Huge Labs.
Mashup Above - photo originally uploaded by Intocti (Photobucket)

1 comment:

slnsw_learning_2.0 said...

Can you imagine what people might like to do with mashups of our images or resources?

Mylee (PLS)